The Digest, sometimes known as DUKES, is an essential source of energy information. It contains:
- extensive tables, charts and commentary
- separate sections on coal, petroleum, gas, electricity, renewables and combined heat and power
- a comprehensive picture of energy production and use over the last five years, with key series taken back to 1970.
- Digest of United Kingdom energy statistics (DUKES)
- Digest of United Kingdom energy statistics internet content
- Statistical press release: Digest of UK energy statistics 2014
- Energy: chapter 1, Digest of United Kingdom energy statistics (DUKES)
- Solid fuels and derived gases: chapter 2, Digest of United Kingdom energy statistics (DUKES)
- Petroleum: chapter 3, Digest of United Kingdom energy statistics (DUKES)
- Natural gas: chapter 4, Digest of United Kingdom energy statistics (DUKES)
- Electricity: chapter 5, Digest of United Kingdom energy statistics (DUKES)
- Renewable sources of energy: chapter 6, Digest of United Kingdom energy statistics (DUKES)
- Combined heat and power: chapter 7, Digest of United Kingdom energy statistics (DUKES)
DECC publishes National and Official statistics covering energy, climate change, energy efficiency, fuel poverty and related areas, which are produced in accordance with the statutory and other arrangements described in the guide to national and official statistics.
- Emissions and Climate Change statistics cover annual and sub national data on greenhouse gas emissions as well as quarterly data based on changes in CO2 emissions, and links to other Climate Change data.
- Energy Sector statistics cover annual, quarterly and monthly data for the key forms of energy, coal, oil, gas, electricity and renewables covering production, trade and use. The annual data are the most comprehensive, whilst monthly data provide timely data based on fewer variables.
- Energy Price statistics cover annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly data on prices to households and business, the cost of motor fuels and international comparisons
- Energy Efficiency statistics cover the monitoring of some of DECC’s key policies such as Green Deal and Smart Meters, as well as our innovative National Energy Efficiency Data-framework (NEED) which is key in understanding more about energy use
- Sub-national energy consumption statistics covers a wide range of data on energy use at all levels from local authority to lower level super output area. These data are drawn from analysis of all meters or modelled for non-metered fuels and should be used for sub national analysis, not national totals.
- Fuel Poverty statistics cover data on fuel poverty in England at national and local authority levels.
- Energy statistics publications and press notices cover the statistical publications produced by DECC such as DUKES (Digest of UK Energy Statistics), ECUK (Energy Consumption in the UK) and Energy Trends. Key compendium publications are UK Energy in Brief and UK Energy Sector Indicators, both of which give a wide overview of all DECC statistics.
Energy Efficiency Statistics
- Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation (ECO) statistics
- Energy Saving Advice Service (ESAS) calls and Green Deal webpage views and (GDHIF) application data
- Renewable Heat Incentive statistics
- Smart Meters statistics
- Estimates of home insulation levels in Great Britain
- National Energy Efficiency Data (NEED) framework
- Domestic energy fact file and housing surveys
- Other energy efficiency statistics
Sub-national Energy Consumption Statistics